Thursday, July 14, 2016

One way ticket to Japan, thank you!

Time to put things into motion!

Buying the ticket was really important for me, not just because it will be impossible to start the trip without it, but more because I didn't buy this ticket for any other reason than attempting to bike Japan. 

So I'm one step closer now. I'm not sure I understand how big of a challenge this will be. It's like I'm able to feel it, but every time I do feel it I try to think of something practical regarding the trip so my mind doesn't start questioning my resolution.
The feeling is the same every time I travel somewhere, but here it will be crucial to stop that kind of thinking, I need to be 100% ready for this!
 

I remember the first time I went to Japan, (I blogged about that too btw). I couldn't really believe that I was in Japan, even when I was sitting down in the train on the way to Tokyo from Narita airport trying not to be in the way for anyone with my two suitcases! Well, maybe buying the ticket will be the push I need right now to start feeling like I'm going on an adventure.
 
Facebook - I wrote a post on Facebook 1. April stating that I bought the ticket.
The truth is, I bought it today 2. April, (sorry guys, it was 1. April to be fair!)
But almost no one thought my post was a joke. At least not in the commentary space, and to be honest I was surprised. People might think that this trip is just what I might do because why not. I have to say that I'm feeling the pressure, haha. But knowing that people kind of believe in me is nice! I will try to draw some strength from that when I'm going vertically up the mountain sides. 


Friends in Japan - Another good thing that came from the Facebook post was all my friends who will be in Japan this summer and commented on the post. I have the opportunity to see some friends from my exchange program and many of the Japanese students who was on exchange in Denmark. This will be really important to me, maybe more than I think actually.
(Doing the trip alone is not a choice, if I could find someone with time and a foolish wish to bike Japan then I wouldn't hesitate for a second to invite that person.)  

So meeting people I know along my trip will be what I need to motivate myself, I think! 

Last thing I want to mention in this post. I know that some people will be really worried about me, and I think that there is a very real reason to be worried. But I hope that people will believe in me. I will try to take care and not get into trouble or accidents.
And I have a very good reason why I want to finish in good shape. When I'm done I will be going to the Philippines to see my girlfriend who is working there right now. I have checked the tickets and I can make it work! This will help me more than anything in finishing my trip.

This makes my third post and like the two others this has also been kept from you for some time before being released. Take good care of yourself out there!


Quote: Where nothing ventured, nothing gained
Condition: Feeling the pressure!

No comments:

Post a Comment