Thursday, July 14, 2016

Planning: part I

Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst! 
                                                                                                                           Wednesday 30/3 2016

This is by far the most difficult trip I have ever attempted. 
And so the planning is quite important. I like to go on adventures, but money is a big issue in this case so I will try to plan ahead and ensure that I don't waste money for no reason. 

Right now I'm measuring km. between the cities and looking up plane tickets. I found some cheap ones, but I have yet to figure out some things so I won't be buying them yet.
I did however find out that going to Wakkanai from Tokyo is waaaay cheaper if the ticket is bought directly from ANA for example as opposed to buying them as a round trip like: CPH - NRT - WKJ. That will save me around 1900 DKK! 


I have also been wondering about my gear. I want a tent, WI-Fi, sleeping bag, some kind of air-madras, computer and a camera. There are many other things I will also need, but these are really on my mind. They're necessary or might prove to be a problem securing for the trip in terms of actually getting them, for example WI-Fi, or transporting them because of size. 

On another note, of course I knew that Japan is really mountainous, but that was not a problem before I looked at Google Earth. One thing is that it's going to be tough, sure, but I need actual roads in order to ride my bike... And unlike Shinkansen (bullet trains), I can't really go "through" the mountain so I have added some kilometers to the trip because of detours around the mountains, especially from Nagano to Tokyo is troublesome in this regard. 

As with my first post notice that I haven't uploaded it right after I wrote it. Due to many reasons I kept this on the low since there were many things that was not certain at that point.

Quote: Hope for the best, prepare for the worst
Condition: Focused


 

No comments:

Post a Comment