Thursday, August 25, 2016

Tokyo day 1 & 2

Aaaaaaand I got WiFi again. This is posted from the most northern city of Japan and I'm using free WiFi, it's amazing. Lucky for me the website I used for this blog can be downloaded as an app as well, this makes the experience of writing it on my phone a lot easier, haha. 

So where to start.. before jumping on the plane, I stayed at my friend's apartment. This was easier and we enjoyed, hold on, sushi and Chinese buffet! Exceptional experience indeed! My flight was relatively good, I didn't sleep at all, but who has time for that when you have so many movies at hand. Cathay airlines was a really solid choice, haha. 

Superman vs. Batman, Civil War and Erased.
I also met a Finnish girl on her way to Australia where she is living. We parted ways in Hong Kong airport which by the way seems to be a really nice airport.
I had no trouble at all, but the food on the airplanes is still the last kind of food I want to eat.. it just doesn't agree with me.  (Or is it the other way around?)

After arriving I spent some time around Shinjuku area, looking for free WiFi and a place to charge my phone. Luckily you don't have to look that long for WiFi anymore. And charging can be done if you know where to find an outlet. 

I also found some places with bikes, but most of them were too small or simply too expensive.
I met up with my friend Hide who, as the amazing hero he is, found a place I could stay for two nights. Hide and his friend Remi who I stayed with, showed me some more stores around Shinjuku and a lot of really cool bikes, but the story was the same as before; size and money.
So I decided that tomorrow would be the day I would buy the bike. 

Next day I looked for 6-7 hours without finding anything I could use. The last shop I visited with Remi was really good. Price and size was good enough, but I was too late and the shop was about to close. Here I decided to buy it in Wakkanai. I researched a lot and there are two shops there, but I have no idea about the selection. 

Thanks to Hide and Remi for helping me out, without you guys a had no chance of starting this trip. 

Here in Wakkanai it's really nice. The weather is not as hot as in Tokyo.
(I really wished it wasn't so hot!) 

Oh, btw not buying a bike in Tokyo means not having to pay for transporting it, haha.
Now, I want to say that it's beginning to become clear that I have to focus, become near immortal and quite lucky if I want to finish my trip. But I'm ready. Now where to get that bike...

Condition: walking 15 km from the airport to the city made me hungry.
Quote: I love free WiFi!

No comments:

Post a Comment