Saturday, October 8, 2016

Day 46 - Almost There!

8/10

I awoke to the sound of heavy rain. It was 03:00 and still too early to depart. Besides, rainy weather wasn't the thing I wanted right from the morning. 

At around 06:00 it had stopped and I could move on. The train station master was out to check me the night before, but he must have decided I didn't cause anyone any harm as I was lying on one of the benches behind the station. 

The mosquitoes had been kept away because of the rain, but they managed to get some good ones in, but I knew the bites would disappear as soon as I got my blood pumping. And indeed that would be the case. 

More mountains and strong winds caused my speed to drop significantly. I spent most of the time daydreaming about whatever came to mind as I slowly made my way through the hilly terrain. 

I made it to the city where I had planned to sleep, but since I still had time before the sun went down I continued. Before that I got some food at a food corner, a big place with many small restaurants in a nearby mall.

Everyone was looking at me. Some even said hi, but I made sure it didn't amount to more than hi, I was on a tight schedule after all. 

I moved through yet another mountain range and although it was dark I made good speed. It was mostly downhill and I was doing 50 km/t easily. It feels so good riding downhill, especially when it's dark. Exciting stuff! 

I got to the next big city, showered in a public bath at a hotel, went for dinner at Joy Full restaurant and now I'm sitting in McDonald's and catching that sweet, free WiFi.
I really wanted to go to Sata Misaki today, but I can't sleep anywhere there since it's so remote and nothing but forests surrounds it. Also, I want to see it in brought daylight.
The weather forecast says rain tomorrow, but I really hope it won't be showering from morning until nighttime... I only have one pair of shoes... 

Tomorrow I'll sleep in Kagoshima, and I might find a manga café. After that it's more mountains and then I'm off to Fukuoka as fast as possible. Might do a short stop in Kumamoto, let's see how I feel.
Sata Misaki, wait a bit more! 

Distance: 175 km
Time: 9:25 hours
Condition: Not sure what to feel about finishing tomorrow and then go home by bike... hmm...
Quote: Enjoy the simple things in life

No comments:

Post a Comment