Sunday, October 9, 2016

Day 47 - To hell and Back

9/10

Having found a place to sleep, after much searching around, I was quite satisfied. I had a roof, a bench and someone else was also planning to sleep in the there, I guessed. I had no idea what the place was used for, but it had plenty of benches and a really big roof, but no walls and the floor was replaced by sand. I suspected the place to be an old building that no one used anymore or a sports arena of some sort, but I didn't care enough to find out and I went to bed.

I woke up because of the RAIN.. and the WIND! It was like a storm and I had to crawl away from the middle of the bench and hide behind one of many pillars holding the roof. After 30 minutes it stopped and I went back to sleep, it was still only 3:00.

At 5 I heard foot steps. I thought that I would find out which it was, a building I was not allowed in or a sports place. The man walked right pass me and I went back to sleep, no need to hurry, I had 1 hour more to sleep in. Not 2 minutes after that I heard foot steps again... I began to question myself. The frequency of the foot steps changed, I heard more and more people walking around. I turned over and saw the silhouettes of people walking around and around.

I guess they were exercising, but oh well, I still had some time to sleep. at 6, after the sun began to rise, I woke up, answers some questions to the people who walked and then left in the rain for Sata Misaki. I guess I was still sleeping, I managed to miss a turn and added 10 km. to my day. Great.

More hills and mountains and I had the feeling of "are we there yet", but in a bad way. There was little joy to be found in my situation other than if I kept going, my day would soon be over and therefore suck less. I made slow progress and my feet started to hurt. My shoes were soaked and the combination of wet shoes, overworked legs and mountains made my feet, especially my toes hurt a lot.

I came through numerous cities that I had no idea existed when I finally came to the last tourists stop. I thought. From here I had to take a shuttle bus due to some construction work. I was annoyed and scared that my trip might have been all for nothing. I asked the man working there whether the bus would take me to Sata Misaki. He did not give me the answer I wanted, and I was too tired to be playing games so I asked again. "Sata Misaki?" He pointed to the bus and I smiled, hopped on the bus and hoped that I would end up where I wanted.

Now, the road was under no construction. Nothing was going on, I was thinking that I saved a few kilometers, but then again.. Right? We came to the last part of the road, from here we had to walk on foot. I rushed all the way to the last part of the road.. A sign saying construction work in progress, sorry for the.. Whatever. When the last people from my group went back I jumped over the fence and proceeded along the road. Yeah, sure, lots of iron pipes and tools to be found, but nothing seemed to be going on. The "construction" had been there for some time, but wasn't about to end anytime soon. I took the pictures, forgot the rock... I went back to get the rock, returned to the bus and went on my way.

At a store I saw that the picture of me at the view point was blurred.... I hate that fact that I didn't check the picture, but I guess it is a good story now.. Or in some years. I had strong winds all the way to the ferry I was to take to Kagoshima. About 50 km from Sata Misaki. the ride back was slow and boring, I had already seen the scenery. I went to eat at a small family driven restaurant and I order a bunch of different main dishes. She was shocked, but I told her where I was going. That convinced her.

I made it to Kagoshima, toured the city. I like it a lot! Will come back here at some point!!!
Then I found a manga cafe and I'm staying here for some 12 hours, I need my energy for tomorrow! Speaking of which, I'll go on whatever road says Fukuoka xx km, I can't find a way without mountains anyway!

Oh, and I reached 4000 km. No biggie.
Kumamoto, Fukuoka, done!

Distance: 153 km
Time: 8.20
Condition: Dry.. For now.
Quote: At least I won't die of dehydration today.

No comments:

Post a Comment