Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Day 35 - 43: Vacation Time in Fukuoka!

29/9 - 5/10

The last 8 days have been really great. Of course I stayed with Ayana and her mom here, so this has been the more luxurious part of my journey. We have had some lazy days, but we have also visited friends, made pottery and we went to the movies to see Your Name.

Being back in Fukuoka is great, so many memories are coming back. But the best thing about being back here is of course the fact that I can be with Ayana, and we spent a lot of time wondering about the life we'll have in Denmark. Not much has been planned yet, but I'm sure we'll manage somehow. Hakuna matata!

Now for the last part of my trip: I have decided to go around Kyushu. This is a 7 days trip, a total of some 800 km. And I'll have to face some serious mountains, even if I take the easiest route that is. But I'm getting much lighter, my bike will have two front bags and I'll only have the most necessary things with me.

This should make my trip much easier, but I have no idea how it will feel to ride it. Also, the route is as always not set in stone. The first day is approximately 103 km, and I'll arrive at Ayana's dad's place. Hopefully not too late, I don't want to be too much trouble, hehe.

The rest of the days vary in length due to the fact that I want visit the big cities, and since it's just a week I might go all out and test my limits. As it is now I feel like my trip has ended and I'm starting a new, and although this is not the feeling I wanted to leave Fukuoka with I'm left with no choice. I will reach Sata Misaki and end what I started.

I also decided that I will revise everything on my blog when I get home, I'll rewrite and improve paragraphs and adjust the itinerary so it fits my actual trip. Then I'll post the last pictures and write comments for them on this blog too. Hopefully I'll read it many years from now and think about how far I have traveled since then.

Going around Kyushu!! Starting tomorrow!

Condition: feeling ready to go!
Quote: now is always the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment