Monday, September 5, 2016

Day 11 - Niigata sightseeing, on to Nagaoka

5/9
After going to sleep on the bench in front of the station I fell asleep immediately. I woke up in the morning before people started coming to the station. I got my bike and headed to the bath place I searched out before sleeping.
It was a hotel with a public shower and sauna. Very expensive, 1800 yen or approximately 115 dkk. But I stayed there for 1, 5 hour, and used the sauna for 45 minutes. 

Clean and in high spirits I ventured out sightseeing. Manga/anime museum with a special exhibition of the swords used in Evangelion. Went to a world buffet restaurant. Huge place and I Ate. Too. Much. But it was worth it! 

then I went back to my bike and waited until it got darker. My plan was to go 50 km and then sleep. Easy as that. But not five minutes after departing came smaller tropical weather change.Thunder and rain.. I found shelter and tried to sleep. 

I woke up a few hours later and moved on, but the roads were not having it. None of the bigger roads allowed bikes and since the smaller ones didn't have signs I was forced to take guesses and follow the lights of the bigger roads... 

I have been were no foreigner has ever been, that's for sure! I came 50 km. But I was still 30 from reaching Nagaoka. I found a gasto and ordered some food. It was 02:00. Then I must have been sleeping because the waiter came over to my table and told me to wake up, haha. I paid the bill and went to the parking lot where I parked my bike and slept. 

Distance : 52
Time: 3.45
Condition : slightly confused, but ready for vengeance tomorrow. 
Quote : that buffet though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment