Saturday, September 10, 2016

Day 16 - Relaxed shopping in Tokyo

10/9

Today I had 4 things on my shopping list and a couple of things I wanted to know so I could plan my exit from Tokyo later. And I also wanted to gather the people I know here in Tokyo for dinner on the 14th, let's see how that will turn out, hopefully people aren't too busy!

I needed new tubes for my bike, a present of some sort for Takuya's mom for letting me stay in their apartment, a cable for my light because I can't find the one that came with it, (it was like less than 7 cm, very inconvenient.) Last but not least I needed to find a new pair of shorts.

Got the three first things, but I haven't found any shorts that I liked yet. Not too heavy, not too warm to wear and did I mention not too heavy? So most of the day I walked around Shinjuku which was nice for a change.

Again I have to mention the kindness of Takuya and his mom, they're making it very comfortable for me and I wonder if I will get too used to it, haha. I'll find a way to repay their kindness. 

Around 19:00 I was to meet up with Takuya who himself had a very long day with many things to do. I went to Waseda university at around 17:00 and wandered around the area. It's a big place, and there are many interesting buildings around the campus. I was using free wifi when I suddenly...  heard drums.

At first I thought it was interesting and wanted to find out where it came from. But then I remembered that I often had heard music from speakers on the cars. Even in the smaller villages they play music at certain times of the day. And when that happens suddenly while driving it might... distract you a bit.

I went on to the place we were supposed to meet when I saw a shrine on the corner of the street, the sound of music grew in strength and I started hoping for a festival. And I wasn't disappointed. It wasn't big, nor crowded, but enough people so that you would have to look where you walked. Food stands, music, dancing and everything that comes with a Japanese festival was present and I was happy to have walked around and be able to go there. That's what happens when you go on adventures!

I met up with Takuya, ate dinner, went home, lost in shogi, (I'll get you next time, for sure!) and now I'm tired. More so than when I ride my bike, must be all the people in Tokyo.. 

Tomorrow and the next few days it will rain, actually I can't see when it will stop, so I might have to go on the 15th in rain, which sucks since all my stuff has dried and can be used again. Let's see what happens, maybe I'll get lucky and avoid the worst rain.

Distance: walked a lot, but nothing for the bike computer today. It too must be tired of counting.
Time: -
Condition: ready to sleep! 
Quote: hope for the best, prepare for the worst. 

No comments:

Post a Comment