Monday, September 19, 2016

Day 25 - A Small Change of Plans

19/9

Waking up this morning I realized that I had made a dinner event in Kyoto and it was today.. I messed up the dates and I'm really sorry! But I changed the event as fast as 7-eleven's WiFi permitted and hope that no damage was done.

I decided to go to Kyoto today though and there are many reasons. First of all it's raining and it will continue the next 4 days. So going through the mountains to Iga is not my favorite scenario. And I have friends in Kyoto and another typhoon is coming so Kyoto is the safer choice.

I made really good speed and shorten my breaks a bit too, although I really didn't have to because I made such great speed. And although it was raining I thought little of it, my stuff would be somewhat dry and if not I wasn't really going to use it in Kyoto anyway.

I thought a lot about what to do with Nara and Osaka and in what order I should go where. But I decided to do Osaka after Kyoto if it rains too much to go for a day trip to Nara from Kyoto. I really want to go, but the weather has to be nice because I have to be outside in Nara all day if I want to see the temples and parks which Nara is famous for.

Although I made the decision to go to Kyoto because I didn't want to ride my bike in the mountains it didn't mean that there were no mountains on the way to Kyoto.. I made good speed even there though! And getting back in Kyoto after 3 years was nice. I really like this city, I don't know why. The atmosphere is just... special. I walked in the rain here earlier with my ipod, listening to relaxed music and it was just right!

I have friends here in Kyoto and I ate dinner with one of them and his friend. After that we went back to their dormitory and played Smash Brothers. (Nice! ) And now I'm listening to the thunder storm outside from a manga cafe. I wonder how tomorrow's weather will be!

Distance: 168 km
Time: 7.30 h
Condition: Feeling good!
Quote: Wait.. I didn't get lost today even once?!

No comments:

Post a Comment