Friday, September 16, 2016

Day 22 - On to Nagoya!

16/9

So this morning I woke up and the best morning feast I have had on the entire trip so far was waiting for me. I was about ready to leave around 9.30, a bit late, but I thought the trip today was very easy so it didn't matter all that much.

I said goodbye to the couple I stayed with after thanking them for everything they had done for me. I am truly grateful for everything they had done for me! I had a slow start and I couldn't quite figure out where I was supposed to go through the mountains when I met this old man who was out for a power walk. He asked me if I wanted help and we talked while waking to the road I was looking for. That took about 40 minutes though..

I love talking with people here, but doing so also takes time from my schedule and since it gets dark fast here it's not always a good idea to just forget everything and keep the conversation going.

But today I talked to so many people. In front of the stores I meet people all the time. The most special encounter happened today. Three guys who are touring the world with their rickshaw from Asakusa, Tokyo. They want to be part of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics opening ceremony and they will go to Europe. They are really awesome and I wish them the best of luck!

I was really late for meeting Samar, the friend of mine who I studied with in Fukuoka 3 years ago, but we managed to get a Taxi and get to the station before the last train. We wanted to stay at a manga cafe and go sightseeing tomorrow. This part of the city is really boring and I hope we will find something more interesting tomorrow. A little disappointed...

Distance: 178 km.
Time: 9.30 H
Condition: Tired, but it is already 5 am...
Quote: Trucks are stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment