Friday, September 9, 2016

Day 14 - Trapped in the mountains

9/8

So first I'll like to take some time to say how thankful I am to the people I meet on the way, without them I'm not sure it would be worth it to make the trip to be honest.

The hotel staff was very kind to me when I told them how I ended up there. I spent most of the time planning the week to come and figuring out how to get to the other side of the mountain. But the weather wouldn't clear up until next morning so I was awaiting an opportunity. The mountain road up was closed due to the weather and the road down south was restricted to cars only...

Luckily, after having spent time lurking around looking for a place to camp, the hotel staff offered to drive me past the gate so that I could get down and onward on my journey. I didn't think twice about it, but it was with some guilt that I put my bike inside the van. And when I saw the road down I wondered what made it different from the road of which I came just last night.

Past the gate I continued to a small town called Nakanojo where I ate Chinese food and went to sleep outside the station.

Tomorrow will be approximately 200 km, if I don't get lost that is.

Distance: 50 km.
Time: 2.15 hour
Condition: feeling tired.
Quote: be the person you want to meet

No comments:

Post a Comment