Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Day 26 - Typhoon in Kyoto!

20/9

I felt like I needed more sleep when I awoke from my sleep in the manga cafe. Because I'm charged every new hour I made haste and got out of there as early as possible. Not many things are open at 05:00. I needed more sleep so I went to a public space in Kyoto station after getting my bike at the dormitory where my friends live. 

And it was raining a lot.. Biking with an umbrella was a new experience for me and I can't say I like it. But since I have to care about things getting wet I had but little choice. Yesterday I did it without and it worked because almost everything was dry in my bags, almost. 

After getting more sleep I went to the manga museum and my expectations were sky high. I have read several articles from one of the professors at the university who is behind the museum and I must say I wasn't disappointed. Very good information and critical of many problems when addressing manga as a medium. 

There were a lot of things worth seeing and after concluding the exhibitions I went to the cafe inside the museum. The food wasn't enough and not really worth the price, but I had to eat and I wasn't finished with my stay there. (It was still raining). 
I had a nice experience though, the Japanese woman sitting next to me dared a question and we were talking for more than 20 minutes about whatever. It was in English though. I thought she picked the language since she engaged the conversation, but later I admitted I was able to speak Japanese too. Oh well. 

I went to the relaxing room where fat boys and comfy chairs made reading manga much more comfortable. And I stayed there for more than 6 hours reading manga and sleeping. So nice! But I noticed a lot of people where looking at me. Not because I was sleeping, so many other people did so too, but they were writing something. Or drawing maybe? I didn't know and I still don't know. But I like to think they were drawing people in there, haha. 

After finally getting myself worked up to leave the place I went through the streets of Kyoto to the dormitory, played some video games, ate some dinner and now I'm looking for a place to sleep. 

Distance: 25 km. 
Time: 2 hours
Condition: still kind of tired. 
Quote: you are living life now. (Saw it at a temple, thought it made sense and then I thought some more about it.) good times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment