Friday, September 16, 2016

Day 20 - Tokyo dinner party and Farewell!

14/9  

Today was my last day in Tokyo, the city that never sleeps. I like Tokyo for what it is, but I never want to live there. It's a place with endless opportunities and you can constantly find new things to enjoy, but I can settle for less and besides, I need more space, haha. 

Waking up super late, around 11:30, we ate breakfast, watched TV and searched for restaurants which wasn't easy, but we managed. I went to buy new shorts because having one pair is too little when you spent so much time in one city without wearing bike pants. Yeah, I'm not wearing those bad-boys in Tokyo without a bike next to me, haha. 

We met up with a lot of my friends from Copenhagen university and Japanese students who had been in our exchange program. It was good to see everyone and we enjoyed delicious Japanese BBQ! 

After that Takuya and I went home and I packed my stuff and II departed at around 21:30. 
Now, I don't really like to say goodbye, partly because it's more like "see you later", but maybe also because I'm not very good at it... 

I wish I could do something to return the favor to Takuya and his mom, but for now I hope they know how grateful I am to have been living with them for these past 5 days. It made my time in Tokyo so much easier and I learned a lot. I hope that I can do something similar for them sometime, but for now I'll have to be in debt, I guess. 

Leaving Tokyo was not as difficult as getting in, luckily. I found the park I had picked out after spending 20 minutes around the station in Isehara. There was a police station right next to it, and I figured I would rather sleep and wake up by myself than having them do it for me. 

Tomorrow I'll go to Yoshida where I am to stay at Ayana's parents' friends' place. I hope it will be alright, but I can only do my best so let's see what happens. Off to sleep I go! 

Distance: 42 km
Time: 2.20 hours
Condition: thankful
Quote: Wealth comes in many shapes

No comments:

Post a Comment