Sunday, September 18, 2016

Day 23 - Nagoya sightseeing and Nostalgia

17/9

So the manga cafe wasn't the most.. Comfortable place to sleep. But morning it was and we had things to do so we checked out and went to the station and locked my luggage in a locker. It wasn't the best weather, but still hot and we were kind of lazy, but we went to the castle and it was nice. Must be the biggest castle I have visited yet, and it was kind of cheap for all the things you could see in there.

I have been kind of disappointed with Nagoya so far. I don't know, maybe I just didn't go to the right places, but I'm not sure I will return here unless I find something I really want to see.

So we went back to where Samar lives and it remained me a lot of our time in Fukuoka.. I really am grateful for the time I had 3 years ago, and staying here for a day has made me remember how it was like in our I-House.

Tonight's dinner was going to be kind of special. I heard that there was a katsudon challenge, 6 portions, 30 minutes. I thought it was possible, but the time limit was going to be tough. I sat down and although I went with Samar and her friends we couldn't sit at the same table. There were a lot of people in the restaurant too and the couple sitting next to me was very impressed that I took on the challenge. We talked a lot too, very kind people and they cheered on me.

Half way through the dish and I was getting full. I tried my best and with 5 minutes left I was almost sure I could take it, but suddenly I felt like I simply couldn't eat anymore. I was like 15 spoons from finishing, but the time ran out and I was about to burst..

I ended up finishing the dish, but I couldn't walk and I had to use the bathroom facilities before going home. This is the second time I ate so much that I couldn't contain it and I wonder if all this traveling as made me weaker when it comes to eating a lot of food. But I'll take it next time for sure. I was so close!

The couple said they might be visiting Denmark and I got their business card and contact information. I hope that when I'm done with the trip I have all these new friends and contacts. That would be awesome, I think.

We went back to the I-house and talked for a couple of hours and I planned what I will do the next couple of days. There is another typhoon (it has to stop soon, please) coming and the rain its pushing in front of it is hitting Nagoya area now.

So tomorrow there will be a festival and after that I'll make my way through Nagoya city to the mountains and Iga, the ninja village. I might have to bike in the rain, but I'll like to stick to my schedule and once I'm in Kyoto the typhoon doesn't really matter.

I slept in a parking lot because there are visitor hours and couldn't stay, but it wasn't too bad! Tomorrow I'll also go to a bike store and get maintenance done.
Pictures from the food challenge will come on Facebook soon!

Distance: none biked.
Time:---
Condition: tired and still full!
Quote: this is just stupid silly. There is too much food!

No comments:

Post a Comment