Monday, September 12, 2016

Day 17 - Strolling through Shibuya and Harajuku

11/9

I didn't have many things on today's program so I went to Shibuya to look around. I spent a lot of time looking at nice shops and also planning ahead for the next part of the trip.

I skyped with my mom and dad and wrote with Samar, a friend of mine that I met during my exchange to Fukuoka three years ago. We are going to meet up in Nagoya, the next big city I'll stay in. But that's not until the 16th. It's never to early to plan though.

After spending quite some time on the Internet searching everything from restaurants to local festivals in Nagoya, I decided to look at the road out of Tokyo and into Shizuoka. My girlfriend's parents friends who I will be staying with for a day, said it was impossible to ride from Tokyo to their place in a day. That might be true, but it says so on my itinerary, and I kind of already said I'll be there the 15th, so I'll make it somehow.

I also wanted to go to Harajuku by foot, it's really not that long, I went on to Harajuku. I like the bigger parts of the city, Shinjuku, Shibuya and Harajuku. Places where people never seem to sleep and the neon signs emit colourful light everywhere. There is something about these places that is different from other cities I have visited so far. That will be a blog for another time, I guess.

I thought a lot about the next part of the trip. And I miss Ayana a lot, so I want to get going as fast as possible. But resting is good for me and my bike and I still haven't met up with that many people here. I wonder how difficult it will be to continue my journey once I get to Fukuoka. And I have been thinking about changing the route so I don't have to zigzag across Kyushu. But I'll figure that out later.

Distance: walked a lot
Time: all day long
Condition: thoughtful
Quote: time is now  

No comments:

Post a Comment