Saturday, September 24, 2016

Day 30 - On to Shikoku!

24/9

After sleeping really well in the station I packed my stuff and left for Wakayama where I was to take the ferry to Shikoku. 

I made good speed although it was a bit hilly. I reached the city around 9, having been on the road for about 3 hours or something. 

Just before reaching the terminal I noticed that my back tire (oh I kid you not...!) was missing air. I hoped that it just needed some air, but thought it more likely to be punctured. While we're on the subject I have been wondering why it's always the back tire. It's the most annoying to change and you would think it would be the front tire to hit things first, right?

I could've changed it while waiting on the ferry, but I wanted to relax instead so I went to the waiting room. There, two older men talked to me and we had a good conversation about my current situation. They were kind of impressed. 

I went on the ferry and slept for the entire ride. After arriving in Tokushima I changed the tube. In front of the entire group of passengers waiting to take the bus. But I didn't care, haha. 

Then I made slow progress through the city where the traffic lights and a surprisingly good amount of cars made it difficult to go faster. I liked Tokushima though. Interesting city from the looks of it. 

I had 170 km to go, I already did 70 km, but because of the tire and the time the ferry trip took I couldn't make it before it got too dark to ride over the mountain pass. I could, but decided not to. I'm now sitting in a station where there is a closed 7-eleven and free WiFi. And I went to a public bath too. Nice! 

It's Saturday and almost everything is closed. No drunk people in the streets and the city is very quiet. I'll try to sleep here in the station, but first: the hunt for dinner begins. 

Distance: 150 km
Time: 7 h
Condition: glad to have showered.
Quote: forward I'll go no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment